Wanted to share the Strawberry Mango jam that I did this last week. I have been craving anything strawberry and that combination just sounded wonderful.
Strawberry Mango Jam
- 4 cups sliced then measured strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced them measured mangos (about 2 large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bottle lemon juice
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package Sure Jel No sugar/Low sugar pectin (pink box) OR
- 3 T. Ball Flex batch No sugar/Low sugar pectin OR
- 4 t. Pomona Pectin and 4 t. Calcium water(included in pectin box)
- Prepare canner, 4 half pint jars, and lids. Hull and slice your strawberries. Peel and dice your mangos.
- In a stainless steel saucepan, combine strawberries and mangos and cook on medium heat till the fruit starts to breakdown. Add 1 cup sugar and stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice (and calcium water if using Pomona pectin). Stir the jam and increase the heat bringing the batch to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add the pectin, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Once it comes back up to a boil time for one minute then remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust head space if necessary by adding hot jam.
- Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met (finger tip tight).
- Place jars in canner, ensuring they are covered by at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid from the pot. Let the jars sit in the pot for 5 minutes, then remove jars and leave on the counter overnight or for at least 12 hours until the jars have sealed.