Strawberry Mango Jam
The strawberries here are super sweet so I didn't need to add very much sugar for it to be the perfect flavor and using a no sugar/low sugar pectin got my jam set perfectly!
- 4 cups sliced then measured strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups diced them measured mangos (about 2 large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bottle lemon juice
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package Sure Jel No sugar/Low sugar pectin (pink box) OR
- 3 T. Ball Flex batch No sugar/Low sugar pectin OR
- 4 t. Pomona Pectin and 4 t. Calcium water(included in pectin box)
In a stainless steel saucepan, combine strawberries and mangos and cook on medium heat till the fruit starts to breakdown. Add 1 cup sugar and stir till sugar is dissolved.
Add the lemon juice (and calcium water if using Pomona pectin). Stir the jam and increase the heat bringing the batch to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add the pectin, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Once it comes back up to a boil time for one minute then remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust head space if necessary by adding hot jam.
Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Screw band down until resistance is met (finger tip tight).
Place jars in canner, ensuring they are covered by at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes.
Remove lid from the pot. Let the jars sit in the pot for 5 minutes, then remove jars and leave on the counter overnight or for at least 12 hours until the jars have sealed.