Struffoli Dessert Recipes is one of the most traditional desserts in Italian Cuisine. You might try different type of Italian dessert before but Struffoli Dessert is so special and extra delectable. You may try our Struffoli Dessert Recipes and give your family and friends a special impression in these dessert recipes. Besides, you can discover more information about Struffoli, such as History of Struffoli.
Are you looking for Struffoli Dessert Recipes? Ingredients used? Steps to make it? That’s good! You may gain our best Struffoli Recipe via SBCanning. Enjoy your reading!
Struffoli Dessert Recipe
I learn to make a lot of Italian dessert from my housemate; Struffoli is one of the Italian desserts. I prefer sweet dessert so I use more honey and candies on Struffoli dessert recipes. Struffoli is sweet and light, deep-fried dough balls, which is made with eggs, baking powder, butter and flour. Struffoli has a crisp bite and tangy honey flavoured filling.
History of Struffoli Dessert Recipe
The history of Struffoli dessert recipes was originated from Italy. Struffoli is also known as Neapolitan dessert, which is popular dessert during Christmas and Easter.
- 4 large eggs
- 50 grams butter, flaked
- 300 grams all-purpose flour, sifted
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50 grams honey
- 1000 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup candies, for garnish
- Preheat the vegetable oil to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and granulated sugar until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine the flour with baking powder and butter. And then, slowly pour it into egg mixture.
- Roll out the dough into small quantities. Cut dough into ½ inch strips and cut ½ inch pieces from the strips.
- Fry small quantities of the dough squares into vegetable oil. Fry a few at a time until they are golden brown.
- Use paper towels to drain Struffoli.
- Stir the Struffoli with the honey in a saucepan. And then, place on a plate and garnish with candies.
- Enjoy it!
- You could even use an electric hand whisk to speed up the process.
- While frying, you should set the correct degrees and timing (burnt if the degree too high)