It’s good to add more canning recipes for pie filling to my site since “variety is the spice of life”. Kelly posted a great picture of strawberry and blueberry pie filling and realized that I posted the recipe but never did a post with a picture of the strawberry pie filling.
Strawberry Pie Filling
Here it is hoping that now in July some of you have strawberries maybe left to can!
- 3-1/2 cups Strawberries Fresh or thawed
- 3/4+2 cup+tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/4+1 cup+tbsp Clear Jel®
- 1 cup Cold water
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Bottled Lemon Juice
- 6 quarts Strawberries Fresh or thawed
- 6 cups Granulated sugar
- 2-1/4 cups Clear Jel®
- 7 cups Cold water
- 1/2 cup Bottled Lemon Juice
- Wash Strawberries well and drain fruit in a covered bowl or pot. Combine sugar and Clear Jel® in a large kettle. Stir. Add water.
- Cook on medium high heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Whisk to a smooth consistency.
- Add lemon juice and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Fold in drained berries immediately and fill quart jars with mixture without delay, leaving 1 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, refill if necessary.
- Wipe rims, add hot lids/rings and process in water bath for 30 minutes at a full rolling boil.
PattyPosted on: May 24, 2019
Great video! Thank you!
Rebecca SnyderPosted on: May 24, 2019
Filling came out clumpy and after sealed didn’t get a full jar. Did not work at all.
SuePosted on: May 24, 2019
Strawberry Pie Filling: are you slicing, quartering, leaving berries whole?