Strawberry Pie Filling
Here it is hoping that now in July some of you have strawberries maybe left to can!
- 3-1/2 cups Strawberries Fresh or thawed
- 3/4+2 cup+tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/4+1 cup+tbsp Clear Jel®
- 1 cup Cold water
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Bottled Lemon Juice
- 6 quarts Strawberries Fresh or thawed
- 6 cups Granulated sugar
- 2-1/4 cups Clear Jel®
- 7 cups Cold water
- 1/2 cup Bottled Lemon Juice
Wash Strawberries well and drain fruit in a covered bowl or pot. Combine sugar and Clear Jel® in a large kettle. Stir. Add water.
Cook on medium high heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Whisk to a smooth consistency.
Add lemon juice and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Fold in drained berries immediately and fill quart jars with mixture without delay, leaving 1 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, refill if necessary.
Wipe rims, add hot lids/rings and process in water bath for 30 minutes at a full rolling boil.