The inspiration for summer drinkskeeps going. Rachel just posted this gorgeous picture of her own fruitcombination of Peach Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate. This post is just before Memorial Day and it’s the perfect drink toserve friends and family over the holiday weekend.
Thank you so much Rachel for sharingyour jars and the photo to get the inspirational juices going!!!
Peach Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
I think that it's awesomethat we are expanding on a basic recipe with such natural and fruit flavoreddrinks.
- 3 cups peaches, frozen or fresh, pitsremoved,
- 3 cups raspberries
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- Makes 6-8 pints or 3 quarts of canned concentrate
- In a food processor, blender orbullet puree peaches and raspberries in batches.
- Transfer peach raspberry puree to astainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add lemon juiceand sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degreesFahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get totemperature rather quickly so keep your eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4inch headspace. Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight.Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water orginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.
- **If you do not want toprocess this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1 to 2 cupportions.
Leave a Reply