Karen, one of my avid FB canners, asked me about doing lemonade. Karen had great success this afternoon and shared her recipe with me.
From Karen: This concentrate has a tropical flavor and I can really taste the pineapple. Half pineapple half strawberries and full 4 cups of lemon juice, I only did 4 cups of sugar since the fruit was already sweet.
Again this is from the basic recipe from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving for Strawberry Lemonade Concentrates. Thank you Karen for sharing your jar, fruit combination, and fantastic inspiration for another great summer fun drink!
Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade Concentrate
- 3 cups Strawberries
- 3 cups fresh pineapple
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- In a food processor, blender or bullet puree strawberries and pineapple.
- Transfer fruit puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keep your eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe rim, add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight. Process in water bath canner at a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.