Did you know, that an omelette contains about everything you need regarding proteins, carbohydrates and vegetables?
I learned to make an excellent omelette from my son years ago. He makes the BEST!
- 1 small Roma tomato cubed into 1/2″ square cubes
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium spanish onion chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced finely
- 1 pinch Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach washed and rinsed well, with stems removed
- 1 tbsp black olives thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs with 2 tbsp water added and beaten well
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled (organic)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (or one tsp dried)
- In a cast iron skillet or frying pan, saute the garlic, onion and add the salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the spinach leaves and olives; then pour the egg mixture over the entire frying pan of spinach leaves, adding the Feta cheese intermittently with the egg mixture and the dill.
- The skillet should be at medium heat; cover and let cook for approximately 4 – 5 minutes. The omelette should rise nicely. Turn omelette over with a wide fry pan flipper and let cook for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Cut the Incredible Mediterranean Omelette into quarters and serve.
- Hint: To make the best omelette, it is best to use water to mix into the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Next Hint: Skillet must be medium high with olive oil in it before your pour the omelette in.
- Next Hint: Be certain to cover the omelette the first 4 to 5 minutes while cooking.
- Serve with fancy toast on a eye-pleasing silver platter.
- Serves 4 to 6 people. Enjoy this scrumptious recipe!
Leave a Reply