Containing protein, fruit, vegetables and parsley we have all the recommended food groups as we serve this spread on Melba Toast. Let’s get to it.
Healthy cheese spread
- 1 8-ounce pkg fat-free cream cheese
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh Spanish chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature about one hour. Drain pineapple and discard juice.
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate to chill. Sprinkle parsley over top of cheese spread before serving.
- Serve with Melba toast rounds, on an appealing dish for crackers and spread.
- Healthy Recipe yields 16 servings.