Healthy cheese spread
SBcanning feels if the recipe tastes good and is healthy, we are on the winning side.
- 1 8-ounce pkg fat-free cream cheese
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh Spanish chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature about one hour. Drain pineapple and discard juice.
Combine all ingredients, except parsley in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate to chill. Sprinkle parsley over top of cheese spread before serving.
Serve with Melba toast rounds, on an appealing dish for crackers and spread.
Healthy Recipe yields 16 servings.