Beans are nature’s complete food, in that they have protein and carbohydrates in them and are cholesterol free.
Today, we are making Black Bean Dip.
It is necessary to remember when using beans, always wash and drain them, even if they are canned. They carry toxins as raw beans that we leave overnight do, but most are gone when in cans, but it is necessary to still wash and drain them.
Black bean dip
- 15-19 oz canned black beans thoroughly rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper sauce or red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Puree in food processor until mixture is smooth.
- Voila - we are done.
- Serve with fresh vegetables cut up or a healthy tortilla chip.