SBcanning loves these recipes – so quick and easy and a pure pleasure to serve and to be able to say, “I made that.” This is a meatless dip which is the perfect accompaniment to green beans, zucchini, radishes and cherry tomatoes. Also with healthy crackers (that means no hydrolyzed oil in them).
White bean dip with garlic
If by chance the dip is too dry, just add about 2 tbsp warm water and mix.
- 3 - 15 ounce cans white kidney beans (cannellini) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- Combine the beans, water, cheese, garlic, oil, sage, oregano, sea salt and pepper in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker; mix well. Cover beans and cook until the cheese softens 1 to 2 hours on high or 3 to 4 hours on low.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest; coarsely mash the bean mixture with a potato masher or a large wooden bamboo spoon until all ingredients are blended. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This Healthy Recipe is absolutely the best.
- This recipe with serve 8.
Leave a Reply