Preserving meat in canned process is a well-known way to store meat for later use. It is free from additives and chemicals if it is made at home. Usually people prefer to store meat in freeze for later use since preserve meat in canning way is pretty cumbersome job for them. But canned meat lasts for many years than frozen meat and delicious as well. You can eat canned meat anytime with any food like vegetables.
However, it is essential to understand few things to preserve meat in canned way. Here are a few thinks that you should know to make canned meat safely and enjoy meat for many years.
- You can choose any kind of meat to can. Therefore, you can select meats that you will enjoy. Lean meats or fat trimmed meat is ideal for canning. But always use fresh and good quality meat for canning.
- Use pressure canner. Pressure canner ensures adequate temperature that is essential to kill bacteria and spores. It also eliminates toxins.
- Use clean accessories to prepare meat and keep all work area clean also.
- To avoid contamination while you preparing meat keep it cool and prepare the meat as quickly as possible and keep it cool until you are cooking for canning.
- Use clean, dry and wide-mouth jar to pack meat.
- Do not pack meat into the jar tightly. This may spoil your food.
- Always follow proper canning procedure as well as recommended temperature while you are going to can meat. This will save you from unwanted health complication and keep your food tasty.
These tips are essential to prepare canning meat in safe way. By following these tips you can enjoy the real taste of canned meat for longer periods of time without experiencing any health complications.
Tonnia WilliamsPosted on: September 4, 2020
I have been canning for years but have never canned meat. Thank you for this site to help with all my questions