For those who know me Maple is my least favorite flavor along with raisins. My sisters peach tree is so full I’m trying to figure out creative ways to make jams using different flavors. I noticed a bag of pecans in the pantry and remembered how much she loves the homemade Maple Walnut and Pecan Praline Syrups that I make. Why not combine those flavors for a tasty jam using Peaches… and so that is just what I made!
Peach Maple Pecan Conserve
- 6 cups chopped peaches (fresh or frozen. If frozen thaw before measuring)
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 T. Ball flex batch low sugar pectin
- Prepare 6 half pint jars in hot water. Using a knifeor blanching method, peel your peaches, pit, then rough chop them.
- In a stainless steel pot heat peaches over medium till they start to break down, 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the maple syrup and continue to cook at a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and add the pectin stirring it in then letting it boil for one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts and fill jars.
- Ladle conserve into hot, sterilized half pint canning jars,leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles and refill if necessary.
- Wipe rims, and add hot lids and rings. Place the jars in the water bathmaking sure that the water covers each of the jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add hotwater to the canner if it doesn't measure up.
- Cover the pot and turn up theheat under the canner and wait for the water to start boiling. Once the waterhas come to a boil start your timer for 10 minutes.
- When complete turn off the heat and remove the cover and let the jars sit for another few minutes.
- Remove the jars and place them back on the dishtowel in a place that they will sitovernight to cool. Do not touch or move them till the next morning.
- Sometime in the next hour your jars will be making a"pinging" or "popping" noise. That is the glass cooling andthe reaction of the lids being sucked into the jar for proper sealing. Somerecipes may take overnight to seal. Check your lids and reprocess any jars thatdid not seal.