Another great recipe from Lila that she adapted from the Fruit Cocktail recipe on this site. Enjoy!
- 1 pc. pineapple cut into tidbits
- 2 lb peaches peeled and diced
- 2 lb apricots diced
- 2 lb plums diced
- 2 lb apples diced
- 2 lb pears diced (I also pealed mine because they had tough skins)
- 2 lb grapes
- 2 lb bing cherries pitted and cut in half
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 8 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- Stem and wash grapes, and keep in ascorbic acid or lemon juice.
- Dip ripebut firm peaches, a few at a time, in boiling water for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes toloosen skins. Dip in cold water and slip off skins.
- Cut in half, remove pits,cut into 1/2-inch cubes and keep in solution with grapes. Peel, halve, and corepears. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and keep in solution with other fruit.
- Halve,and remove pit of apricots and plums. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and keep insolution with other fruit.
- Halve, and core apples. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, andkeep in solution with other fruit.
- Pit and halve cherries, keep in solutionwith other fruit.
- Peel, and core pineapple. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and keepin solution with other fruit.
- Mix all together well.
- Combine sugar juice and water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Drain mixed fruit. Add 1/2 cup of hot syrup to each hot jar.
- Then gently fillthe jar with mixed fruit and more hot syrup, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if needed.
- Wipe rims of jars with adampened clean paper towel. Adjust hot lids and process in a water bath for 20minutes.
CJPosted on: March 16, 2020
How many jars (plus their size) does your recipe make? I cannot wait to make for my family and Friends!