Brandi just posted yesterday another fantastic and yummy looking variation of the Lemonade Concentrates. She was busy with three versions; Strawberry-Kiwi, Mango-Peach, & Strawberry Lemonade Concentrates. I wanted to showcase the Mango Peach since that is a new flavor.
Mango Peach Lemonade Concentrate
- 3 cups peaches, frozen or fresh, pits removed
- 3 cups mangos, pit removed
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- Makes 6-8 pints or3 quarts of canned concentrate
- In a foodprocessor, blender or bullet puree peaches and mangoes in batches.
- Transfer mango peach puree to a stainless steel saucepan over medium-high heat. DO NOT BOIL. Add lemon juice and sugar and stir to combine.
- Using a thermometer heat to 190 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring occasionally. Because this recipe has sugar it will get to temperature rather quickly so keepyour eye on the thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Ladle mixture into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe rim,add hot lids and tighten rings just finger tight. Process in water bath cannerat a boil for 15 minutes.
- To reconstitute, mix one partconcentrate with one part water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrateto suit your taste.
- **If you do notwant to process this concentrate in canning jars, freeze the concentrate in 1to 2 cup portions.