While researching recipes for the canning group this month I came across another holiday contender that would be fantastic in a gift basket or used for a cold winter morning scone. The recipe comes from Small Batch Preserving and is really a great combination of tart and sweet. The Bartlett’s we used were a beautiful white flesh and the recipe was very easy to put together. Here is recipe number three on today’s “to do” list!
(Carla, Ginny, Mona, Juli, Cindy, Leah, Erin, and Chona) Thank You!
Cranberry Pear Lemon Jam
- 4 pc. large Bartlett Pears, peeled cored and diced (4 cups)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 t. grated lemon rind
- 2 T. bottled lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Combine pears, cranberries, water, and lemon rind in a large stainless steel pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Gradually add lemon juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Boil rapidly, uncovered, until mixture will form a gel, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Ladle into hot jars, leaving ¼ headspace and process for 10 minutes at a full boil.
- Makes 8 - 4 oz jars.
Leave a Reply