Chona's Chocolate Chip Scones
- 2 cups Allpurpose flour - sift
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4+2 cup+T. sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips or any dry fruits
into 1/2" pcs
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter-melted
- Position a rack in the middle fan oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.Select a heavy duty baking sheet, but do not grease it.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup sugar into abowl. Toss together with a fork to mix thoroughly. Mix in the chocolate chipsor pieces. Pour in the cream and mix with the fork until the mixture holdstogether. The dough will be fairly sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle lightly withflour. Knead the dough 10 times, pushing it away from you with the heel of yourhand, folding it back over itself and giving it a quarter turn each time.
- Pat into a 9 -inch disk. Brush with the melted butter and then sprinkle withthe 2-3 tablespoons sugar. Cut the dough into 12 pie-shaped wedges and transfereach to the baking sheet, leaving about a 1-inch space between the wedges.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown, 15-17 minutes. Serve warm or at roomtemperature.