SBcanning is keen on grilling, but keep it to a minimum; as you know, it is not the healthiest way to eat because of the charred parts on the meat. But the Asian Salad and the Citrus Dressing that goes with it is very healthy.
Grilled steak-asian style salad
- 1 lb beef flank marinating steak
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, stems roots and leaves.
- 2 cloves elephant garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger root, minced
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce (go to Asian section of grocery store)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce ( it is available now-cut salt down)
- 1 tsp Asian hot chili paste
- 10 cups of mixed salad greens definitely washed well with water, patted dry and put in refrigerator to crisp
- 1 large thinly sliced, English Cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (can use fresh parsley if preferred)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup freshly cut green chives in 1/8 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar/Splenda replacement
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 clove elephant garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp hot Asian Chili paste
- Mix marinade combining half of the cilantro, garlic, ginger root, hoisin sauce, light soy sauce, lemon juice and chili paste in food processor and blend until mixture becomes a puree.
- Pour marinate into a large seal-able freezer bag. Place meat in bag with sauce; press any excess air out and let sit in refrigerator for 1 to 12 hours, depending on your dinner schedule.
- Set on a medium-high grill, 5 minutes per side.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, prior to cutting on diagonal, thin slices.
- Arrange salad greens on a flat serving dish. Set cucumber slices neatly on top of greens.
- Garnish with mint, cilantro and chives.
- Place steak slices on top and drizzle with Citrus Fruit Dressing.
- This is a dynamite Healthy Recipe with fresh garden herbs and other greens, carrots oh yummy!
- Creative Healthy Recipe serves 6. Enjoy!