Recommendation: Do not thaw these rolls before baking.
Almond, Curry and Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Rolls
- 1 cup [250 mL] ground cooked chicken white
- 1 cup [250 mL] mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup [175 g] grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] dried parsley flakes
- 2 large green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] curry powder
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] lemon juice
- 18 slices white sandwich bread, crust removed and flattened using a rolling pin
- 1/4 cup [60 g] melted butter
- 1 dash salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Wooden picks
- Into a large bowl, mix together ground cooked chicken white, mayonnaise, grated Monterey Jack cheese, chopped almonds, dried parsley flakes, minced green onions, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper mixture to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Then preheat oven to 375°F [190°C].
- Spread approximately 2 tablespons [30 mL] of chicken mixture over each slice of bread.
- Roll then half each roll; secure using wooden picks.
- Arrange rolls, seam underneath, apart onto a baking sheet; brush rolls with melted butter.
- Bake into preheated oven for 15 minutes; leave to cool completely, then freeze the rolls.
- To serve, preheat oven to 400°F [200°C].
- Bake frozen rolls into preheated oven onto a baking sheet for 10 minutes before serving, onto a serving plate.
- Servings: 36 bites