Chick peas are in a salt brine, so be certain to rinse them thoroughly. You may be able to find a low sodium-all the better-but otherwise, drain well. Chick peas are loaded with protein, and carbs. A good mixture for good health.
Onto the recipe!
Hummous home made
SBcanning has found this recipe to be nutritious, lower in calories, and low in fat.
- 2 cans chick peas rinsed and mashed
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 elephant garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until pureed. Must enjoy this-it is awesome to eat.
- Use as a dip for any crackers or veggies.
- Serve in a crackers & dip classy serving dish
- Serves 4-6 people.
Leave a Reply