This recipe originated at Calona Wines, Kelowna, B.C., Canada, and I have to admit, it is the finest I have ever tasted; so let me spoil you and give it to you:
Hot mulled wine recipe
- 750 ml Sommet Rouge or any other Calona Red Wine
- 1 12 oz can frozen apple concentrate
- 2 cans water
- 1 tsp Honey to taste
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tsp whole allspice
- 1 Sliced oranges
- Combine all ingredients, except wine, into large crock pot.
- Heat to boiling point only (do not let it boil).
- Stir to dissolve honey.
- Reduce heat.
- Add wine and mull for at least 15 minutes. I serve my mulled wine in my Mikasa Coffee Cups as they hold just the right amount of wine.