I make my vinaigrettes: several of my favorites, I make ahead of time to do me for a week or two. Then I just whip up the salad and..voila! I have the vinaigrette for the salad in my hands.
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice (brown is better for you)
- 1 Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette as below.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters.
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- tsp garlic, minced
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mix rice and green onions, freshly cut parsley, one small red pepper chopped and artichoke hearts quartered.
- Toss with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette as below.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours and serve.
- I am so in favor of home-made vinaigrettes, and this one just touches me. The taste is wondrous.
- Healthy Recipes says this salad serves 8 people.
Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette INSTRUCTION:
- Mix all ingredients in a blender 1 cup container.
- Healthy dressing is ready to serve. Recipe makes 1/2 cup, dressing for 4 servings.