At SBcanning, we recommend when using pork, choose cuts such as pork tenderloin-it is amazingly low in fat. It is quickly sauteed then glazed in a ginger-orange sauce.
Let’s go about our plan then!
Spicy pork & peppers
- 1 Spanish onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pork tenderloin about 3/4 lb
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh frozen orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Dash sea salt
- 2 small sweet peppers (red and yellow)
- 1 cup peas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, adding the thinly sliced Spanish onions.
- Slice tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Immediately add tenderloin to onion with ginger. Stir often until pork loses its pinkish colour (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add orange juice, Chili Garlic Sauce (from Asian store), cumin and dash of sea salt. Increase to high heat.
- Remove core and seeds from peppers. Slice into strips and immediately add to skillet, along with peas.
- Stir often until the peppers are tender crisp and sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup (about 2-3 minutes).
- Ola!- the Spicy Pork & Peppers are done.
- SBcanning suggests that you serve a jasmine rice or even a wild rice to pour this zesty colourful, and I might add, Healthy Spicy Pork Pepper recipe. Place in a beautiful serving dish to show off!
- Recipe serves 4. Main Entree.