Wait until you see all the ingredients that are healthy for you-buttermilk, molassess, olive oil, eggs, raisins or dates, and wheat germ and even oat bran and flax seeds. All the very best for a healthy you. Let’s do it!
Best bran muffins
Simple, nutritious and an all time favorite for most everyone are these tasty Bran Muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup olive or safflower oil
Fill muffin tins with mixture
Bake for 15-20 minutes (or egg whites if watching cholesterol)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup raisins or dates
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tbsp orange rind
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare muffin tins.
- Mix buttermilk, molasses, safflower oil, 2 eggs together until frothy, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add raisins or dates. Mix all ingredients in order.
- Mix dry ingredients into large mixing bowl stirring until combined-mixing them all in order of list.
- Combine the medium bowl ingredients (moist) into the large bowl ingredients (dry) and turn over until just mixed.
- Fill 12.
- Yield: 12 moist yummy muffins!
Leave a Reply