Omega 3’s here we are! Sardines have long since been a “standby” in most peoples’ pantries. I even like them on toast, but this recipe is outstanding, and may be served as a hot or cold as an appetizer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 sardines (in water) cleaned
- 2 cloves crushed elephant garlic
- 4 tbsp parsley freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly ground
- 1/2 cup of Jackson & Triggs white wine (0 in sweetness) is my favorite, but any white dry wine can be used
- Heat the olive oil in large frying pan.
- Add sardines, parsley, garlic, lemon juice & wine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve hot with your favorite French bread (preferably whole wheat; or serve cold as an appetizer.
- Serves 4-6 people.
Leave a Reply