This fantastic recipe was given to me by one of my dear friends. It is so peppy with the mint and watercress, and of course the chicken breasts have all the protein we need for a meal. So let us to it!
Lemon mint chicken on watercress
- 1 1/4 lbs thinly sliced chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 dash Sea salt and coarsely ground fresh pepper
- 4 oz baby watercress
- Heat medium skillet with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, and let grill until nicely browned (20 minutes).
- From lemons, grate 1 tbsp plus 1 1/2 lemon peel and squeeze 3 tbsp juice. Using a large bowl, whisk lemon peel and juice, extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 tsp until dressing is blended.
- Save 1/4 cup dressing. In large bowl, toss chicken cutlets with remaining dressing. Place chicken in skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes until juices permeate the chicken nicely.
- To serve, cut the florets off a large head of broccoli. Steam until tender crisp.
- Top the watercress with the remainder of dressing.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped mint for garnish.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4 main dish servings. Excellent flavor.