I love how this recipe uses green Chinese cabbage (also called Napa cabbage), which you can find in almost any large grocery store. It is much finer cabbage than our regular bulky, heavy cabbage.
To top it off, this recipe uses garlic, ginger root and sesame seeds and for a hit, you can use hot chili pepper in the marinade. You will grow to like it, and it has many healthy benefits, such as pain reliever, digestion aid and adds to the taste.
Oriental chicken sandwiches
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves, rinsed and cooked in a marinade
- 1 Water soy sauce (Kikkoman is healthy), sesame seeds, ginger root or ginger, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic and red pepper (1 tsp hot chili pepper paste).
- Drain chicken, and make marinade by combining water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ginger root, shredded or ginger, olive oil, garlic and pepper, beef steak tomatoes for later.
- Marinate the chicken breasts overnight.
- Grill next day for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is not pink anywhere. NOTE: I make these chicken breasts and marinate them, cook them in the oven-in a baking dish covered partly with aluminum foil, for 45 minutes at 325F degrees. Let chicken breasts cool and serve or, freeze them, once they have cooled. Pop them out in the morning to let them thaw and voila-make my sandwiches for lunch or dinner.
- To serve, place shredded Chinese cabbage (alternative is fresh, crisp Romaine lettuce) on Whole Wheat Kaiser Bun. Top chicken breasts with beefsteak tomatoes.
- Garnish with a crispy dill or Kosher pickle and serve.
- Healthy Recipe serves 4 people. Yummy!
Leave a Reply