SBcanning has found this tasteful, tart dressing to be used in potato salads, in your favourite or mixed green salads or your favourite sandwiches to add that special tangy flavour. What is so special about watercress is that it creates a crunchy sandwich, potato salad or a mixed greens salad, contains zero calories, and is especially healthy as it is a perennial that grows in on the sides of the streams, and its pungent leaves give a special zippy taste to soups, salads and sandwiches. I will mention below the soup recipe and salads, so you may look those up after the Healthy Living Dressing Recipe.
Watercress Dressing for Potato & Green Salad
- 1 cup watercress, lightly packed with stems removed
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
- Using the smaller part (1 cup) of your blender, place all ingredients into blender cup.
- Blend on low speed, until all ingredients, particularly watercress is minced finely.
- Deliciously healthy, blended dressing makes approximately 3/4 cup.
- Note: 1 Tbsp is about 64 calories
- This delightfully healthy watercress recipe makes 3/4 cup dressing.
Leave a Reply