Orzo is a pasta (small pieces similar to rice in size). I love pasta (healthy pasta) that is so this was just what I was looking for. Join me!
Lemon orzo chicken
- 8 oz orzo
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest (peel)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- In a large pot of boiling water, add orzo according to package directions. Add peas during the last 10 seconds of cooking orzo and drain.
- While orzo is boiling on stove, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring often, until shallots are tender (2 minutes).
- Add chicken and 1/4 tsp of sea salt and saute until chicken is cooked through (4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 tsp sea salt, lemon zest, lemon juice and pepper to skillet stirring to coat chicken.
- Add drained orzo with peas, mint, and crumbled feta cheese and toss gently to combine.
- Recipe is ready to serve hot, or if you wish, it may be served at room temperature or even chilled. That is what I call an uncomplicated recipe! You must try this as it is so tasty.
- Healthy Recipe makes 4 servings.