By adding favorite vegetables such as asparagus, artichokes, or even chicken strips, we can create a marvelous or brunch meal or even dinner.
Carole’s crepes for main course
- 2 cups Nutriflour
- 3 eggs (organic, free-run)
- 3/4 oz unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Dash sea salt
- Pour flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Break eggs into well in flour. Add 1 cup of milk to the eggs and stir in a circular fashion with a whisk, gradually widening the circle to incorporate a little of the flour at a time, until all the flour is absorbed by the milk.Add remaining 1/2 cup milk, and the water, melted butter and sea salt and beat with a whisk until all lumps have disappeared. Remove any excess lumps. Let batter chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour 1/4 cup of crepe mixture on to hot, lightly oiled, small crepe pan. Move oil to cover bottom of pan; turn when edges are light brown and dots are showing; 2 minutes. Slide a spatula to lift crepe grabbing the opposite side using your finger, flip to the other side; cook until slightly brown.
- Remove crepe from pan and fill with your favorite filling. Crepes may be filled with your favorite vegetable; personally I like asparagus, chicken strips or tiger prawns with a nice sauce which I will display below:
Speedy Hollandaise Sauce:
- Place 4 egg yolks in mini-blender, adding 2 tbsp water and 1 tbsp lemon juice in processor for 10 seconds. Add 6 oz melted butter in a thin stream. Pour into pyrex container, and microwave, for 1 minute, whisking every 20 seconds . I like my eggs cooked!
- I have given you only one sauce recipe for Savory Crepes. There are many; one must be careful with calories; but enjoy.
- Healthy Recipe will serve 6 people.