White bean dip with garlic
If by chance the dip is too dry, just add about 2 tbsp warm water and mix.
- 3 - 15 ounce cans white kidney beans (cannellini) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
Combine the beans, water, cheese, garlic, oil, sage, oregano, sea salt and pepper in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker; mix well. Cover beans and cook until the cheese softens 1 to 2 hours on high or 3 to 4 hours on low.
Add the lemon juice and the zest; coarsely mash the bean mixture with a potato masher or a large wooden bamboo spoon until all ingredients are blended. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Healthy Recipe is absolutely the best.
This recipe with serve 8.