SBcanning suggests you make this recipe with or without the all vegetable shortening deep dish pie shell.
Sassy salmon quiche
- 1 deep dish pie shell made with all-vegetable shortening 1 tbsp butter8 oz. freshly sliced white mushrooms
- 3 cups baby spinach washed and drained and patted dry
- 4 Hi-Liner salmon fillets thawed and cubed
- 1 tbsp dill freshly cut into small pieces
- 1 carton Egg Creations Original well shaken
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup 1% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove empty shells from oven after cooking 10 minutes.
- In an oiled skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add tossed and dried spinach that has wilted, into each pie form evenly.
- Top with cubed salmon.
- Whisk 3 eggs together with milk, lemon rind, sea salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly into the pie shells.
- Set on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes on low heat of 375 degrees or until just set in the centre. Watch carefully
- Cut pies into six pieces each.
- Serve this healthy recipe to 8 people.