SBcanning was fortunate enough to come across this home made recipe, many years ago.
Orange blender muffins
It is easy to make, tastes marvelous and is a basic recipe.
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 cup pure, orange juice with heart health check on it
- 1 cup raisins (Sun-Maid are best)
- 1 cup melted butter (or use extra virgin olive oil much better for you)
- 1 cup bran into hot melted butter
- 3 cups Nutri-flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place cut oranges and juice in blender.
- Add eggs, butter and bran mixture and raisins together and mix.
- Add liquid mix to dry ingredients and mix only until flour has been absorbed by liquid.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- Enjoy these yummy muffins - bran is great for system as well. You can replace butter with warmed olive oil, which is better for you, or just have one muffin instead of two!
- Yummy orange muffins may be served for breakfast, brunch or for coffee and tea as a side dish.
- SBcanning yields 12 large or 24 small muffins.
Leave a Reply