Oatmeal and Wheat Germ you say? Yes! This is an incredibly tasty Healthy Recipe my Auntie passed on to me years ago, and I still make today. I have made a few slight changes to accomodate the healthiness of the recipe.
- 3/4 cup light virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dark molasses
- 2 tsp pure organic vanilla (always use pure vanilla for better taste)
- 1/2 cup Sun Maid dark raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (can substitute soya flour)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, add all but the last three ingredients together.
- Sift in 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.
- Add pinch sea salt and 1/2 cup powdered milk.
- Stir all ingredients together until mixture is smooth.
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Push mixture from a tablespoon onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10 - 12 minutes. Cookies will spread out on baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool before using fry pan flipper to take off of aluminum foil.
- When using this Healthy Recipe, you may add more nuts or raisins if you prefer.
- These cookies freeze beautifully.
- Recipe yields approximately 3 dozen. Enjoy!
- This is one healthy cookie recipe that the whole family can enjoy.