Orange blender muffins
It is easy to make, tastes marvelous and is a basic recipe.
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 cup pure, orange juice with heart health check on it
- 1 cup raisins (Sun-Maid are best)
- 1 cup melted butter (or use extra virgin olive oil much better for you)
- 1 cup bran into hot melted butter
- 3 cups Nutri-flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
Place cut oranges and juice in blender.
Add eggs, butter and bran mixture and raisins together and mix.
Add liquid mix to dry ingredients and mix only until flour has been absorbed by liquid.
Bake 20 - 25 minutes at 400 F degrees.
Enjoy these yummy muffins - bran is great for system as well. You can replace butter with warmed olive oil, which is better for you, or just have one muffin instead of two!
Yummy orange muffins may be served for breakfast, brunch or for coffee and tea as a side dish.
SBcanning yields 12 large or 24 small muffins.