At SBcanning, we realize people do like to have the occasional dessert, or scone, so we feel that we must offer these recipes, but modify or use the healthier products in these recipes. I have used this recipe for years, tried tested and true.
You can also make this recipe with whole wheat flour.
Pumpkin ginger scones
- 2 cups Nutri-flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (or sugar replacement Splenda)
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped candied ginger (Hint: rinse off all the sugar on the ginger for less calories)
- 1/2 cup puree pumpkin
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into Nutri- flour until the mixture forms crumbs.
- Stir in ginger and raisins.
- Beat eggs, pumpkin and milk.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients stirring with fork to make a soft sticky dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently a few times until smooth.
- Roll dough to 3/4″ thickness. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place on baking sheet and into oven.
- Bake at 425F oven 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.