Back in the kitchen and ready for some new ideas to put up and the first came quickly with the idea of putting up garlic. I have done a pickled garlic with a vinegar brine that I use for salad dressings and other cold application recipes. It’s also great right out of the jar and for a appetizer plate.
Minced or Sliced Marinated Garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 3/4 cup garlic - either minced or sliced
- Using a food processor or knife mince or slice your garlic cloves. In a small saucepan add the olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Heat the brine under medium heat to a simmer and prepare 2-4 oz jars in a small water bath pot heating the jars and lids. (Use a pot with a lid and a steamer rack at the bottom for a quick setup!)
- Remove the jars from the water and fill with garlic to 1/2" headspace. Ladle the brine into the jars and fill to 1/2" headspace with the hot liquid. Using your plastic spatula remove air bubbles and refill to headspace if necessary.
- Wipe rim of jars with damp paper towel so that the lids will get a good seal. Add hot lid and tighten jar finger tight.
- Add jars back to water bath and process at a full boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let jars sit on the counter over night before storing. For storage remove the rings.