Every once and a while a jam combination comes to you that makes you want to tell a million people how amazing this”one” is and hoard as many jars of the “stuff” that you can so that you never run out. Just like “Lord of the Rings”, this is now one of my “precious”. I didn’t think that ginger, rosemary and apricots would be a good combination but the flavor is complex and this is another recipe that can be used as a glaze for chicken, pork, and even believe it or not ham!
Cheryl, my sister really loved the addition of both of the crystallized ginger and rosemary so that it wasn’t just plain apricots.
Tonight she called me and it putting this jam on her pork chops on the grill. It’s a great jam and very versatile.
Apricot Ginger Rosemary Jam
- 6 cups apricots, chopped not peeled
- 2 T. crystallized ginger, minced
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 3 T. Ball no sugar low sugar pectin or 1 box Sure Jell low sugar pectin
- In a stainless steel pot combine apricots and ginger. Under medium heat combine fruits and cook till have broken down, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, rosemary, and lemon juice and continue to cook for 10 minutes more or until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring up the heat and bring recipe to a boil.
- Add pectin stirring in completely. Bring it back to a boil and do not stir for one minute. This will help activate the pectin. Remove from heat immediately.
- Ladle jam into hot, sterlized half pint canning jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles and refill if necessary.
- Wipe rims with wet paper towel and add hot lids and rings.
- Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. You will start timing once the water comes to a full boil.
- Makes 7 half pints.