I’ve had two requests for the Rhubarb Pie filling which was on the Canning Recipes on Facebook so I thought that I would put it here so everything was in one place. This is a very simple and basic pie filling and I have also added the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie filling recipe below that uses Clear Jel.
This is One Quart Recipe. For more than one quart you will double or triple it for all ingredients. You can now purchase Clear Jel (Non-GMO and Gluten Free) from SB Canning Store.. Click Here!
Rhubarb Pie Filling
- 3 1/2 cups Rhubarb diced
- 3/4 + 2 cups + T. sugar
- 1/4 + 1 cup+T. Clear Jel
- 1 cup water
- 3 T. bottled lemon juice
- Fill a stainless steel or dutch oven with water and blanch the rhubarb in boil water for 1 minute. Drain but keep heated fruit in a covered bowl or pot.
- Combine sugar, Clear Jel, and water in a pot stirring on medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add lemon juice and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Fold in drained rhubarb immediately and fill 1 quart size hot jars with mixture without delay, leaving 1 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if needed.
- Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel.
- Adjust hot lids/rings and process in water bath canner for 30 minutes at a full rolling boil.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie filling
- 2 1/2 cups Rhubarb diced
- 2 1/2 cups Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Clear Jel
- 1 cup water
- 4 T. bottled lemon juice
- Process is the same as the Rhubarb Pie filling above.
- Both of these recipes make one 9" pie.
Lynne BirdPosted on: March 15, 2020
I did several jars of rhubarb pie filling, but one was not filled to the top like it was supposed to. It is now discolored.
Can i still use it?