One of the most popular and sought after recipes has to be ways to make your fruity cocktail drink into a jam.
When I saw Darcie’s post about making a Pineapple Jam and she was using Coconut flavored rum, Was it possible to make the Pina Colada into a reality? I don’t drink often enough to even know that there was a coconut flavored alcohol without cream. But she did it and I was so excited for the recipe.
From Darcie: “I really like the lime juice in it. It calms the sweetnessdown and makes it a little more interesting.”
Pina Colada Jam
- 3 cups crushed pineapple **
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut rum
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons Ball flex-batch Classic pectin
- Mix pineapple, orange juice, lime juice and coconut rum in large stockpot. Gradually stir in pectin.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil that can’t be stirred down. Add sugar all at once. Stir to dissolve. Return to boil. Boil hard for one minute.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized jars with ¼ inch headspace. Wipe rims. Add heated lid.
- Screw on ring, making it finger tight. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Make 4 half pints.
- **To get 3 cups pineapple: Cut of the top and bottom of onelarge pineapple. Trim off the outside taking care to remove all the eyes. Coreand cut in chunks. Crush in food processor. (Next time I would just pulse itfor a little chunkier jam. I had it running on low as I was putting the piecesin, and some of it was more pureed than crushed.)