Bread Loaf Stuffed with Spinach
- 10 ounces [284 g] frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces [227 g] softened light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped onion
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] pepper
- 1 homemade bread loaf
- 1 tsp Paprika [optional]
- Drain spinach, pressing with the back of a spoon to drain as much as possible of the liquid.
- Into a bowl, mix together well drained spinach, cream cheese, chopped onion and carrot, milk, lemon juice and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove top part of bread.
- Remove inside of bread, leaving a 1-inch [2.5-cm] thick crust all around.
- Dice removed top and white part of bread.
- Fill bread crust with spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve as you would a dip, with bread dices all around.