Bacon Cheddar Cheese Spirals
- 20 white bread slices
- 1 [10 1/2-ounce / 300-mL] can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds [680 g] bacon slices
- 2 cups [500 mL] grated Old Cheddar cheese
- 20 pc toothpicks
- Remove crusts from bread slices.
- Flatten bread slices using a pastry rolling pin.
- Into a small bowl, mix together sweet condensed milk, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Half bacon slices.
- Arrange 3 bacon half-slices, side-by-side onto a flat working space.
- Top with a slice of bread.
- Brush each slice of bread with 1 tablespoons [15 L] sweetened condensed milk mixture.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoonful [15 mL] grated Cheddar cheese.
- Roll as you would a jelly cake roll, bacon on the outside.
- Secure the end of each slice of bacon with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375°F [190°C].
- Using a sharp kinfe, cut each roll into 3 spirals, cutting between bacon slices.
- Arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake into preheated oven for 20 minutes, until bacon is crunchy.
- Comments: Baking time : approximately 20 minutes
- These spirals can be prepared 1 day ahead of time, but baked just before serving.
- Servings: 60 bites