Artichoke Hearts and Ham Toasted Pita Breads
- 3 [6-inch / 15-cm each] pita breads
- 1/3 cup [75 g] butter
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] oregano
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] Black Forest ham dices
- 1/3 cup [75 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- Open-up pita bread then quarter each side, to get 24 pita wedges.
- Melt butter into a mcorwave-oven for approximately 30 seconds, until just liquid.
- Mix in Dijon mustard, thyme, oregano and Cayenne pepper.
- Evenly brush one side of pita bread wedges with mixture.
- If desired, freeze pita bread wedges until needed; thaw pita bread wedges on the counter for a few minutes before baking.
- To serve, preheat oven to 200°C [400°F].
- Arrange pita bread wedges side-by-side onto a cookie sheet; bake into preheated oven for 2 minutes.
- Into a bowl, mix together drained chopped artichoke hearts, Black Forest ham dices and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread mixture onto prebaked pita bread wedgs.
- Bake into preheated oven for 6 minutes, before serving.
- Servings: 24 bites