Artichoke Heart Squares
- 2 [6-ounce / 170-mL] jars pickled artichoke hearts
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 Pinch of oregano
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] chopped parsley
- 1-3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 pound [227 g] grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F [160°C].
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving marinade.
- Reserve half of marinade for another use.
- Pour other half of reserved marinade into a frypan; cook onion and garlic slices for 4 to 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Cut artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- Into a bowl, beat then eggs season with oregano, parsley and Tabasco sauce.
- Salt and pepper; mix in artichoke heart pieces, cooled marinade, breadcrumbs and grated Cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture into a buttered square 8-inch [20-cm] baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from its center.
- Cool before cutting into 1-inch [2.5-cm] squares.