Sweet Mandarin Salad-this happens to be my daughter’s recipe, contains many good nutrients-packed with sunflower seeds, almonds and garlic. Leaf lettuce-1 large head-make sure your lettuce has been soaked and patted dry and put into refrigerator prior to making salad
Sweet Mandarin Salad
- 1 cup Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds sauted in 1 tbsp butter until lightly browned
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweetener (Splenda)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 clove elephant garlic crushed
- Add the roasted unsalted sunflower seeds with the sauted almonds (lightly browned in butter) Set aside.
- Make dressing by adding all ingredients into a shaker, and shake until completely mixed. If you want to use a blender, that is fine as well.
- Tear lettuce leaves up into large salad bowl and add drained mandarins. Just prior to serving, add sunflower seeds and sauted (cooled) almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss like a new Chef borne. This salad is marvelous!
- Serves approximately 6-8 people.