This recipe of my daughter’s is low cal, low fat, and we use whole wheat pasta as well. Zucchini and tomatoes are great for the flavor and a such an excellent marraige of veggies with the pasta..
Pasta with zucchini & tomatoes
- 1 chopped Spanish onion
- 1 minced elephant garlic clove
- 2 small zucchini (approximately 1/2 lb)
- 14 oz can Hunts tomatoes cubed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 dash Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly ground parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp drained capers (or mushrooms)
- 1/2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- Microwave onions, garlic covered on high for 2 minutes, in a quart size medium serving dish.
- Stir in zucchini and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juices with the remainder of the spices and cook until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Set aside, while cooking whole wheat spaghetti.
- Add your special sauce to the whole wheat spaghetti and serve.
- This recipe is FAST, EASY and VERY TASTY.
- Recipe serves 4.