From your garden grows, all the goodies that go into our barbecue seasoning mix is here. SBcanning loves to see people making their own mixes.
Barbecue seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients into a 1 -pint jar, cover tightly and shake well to mix.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 tsp. on each side of steaks, chops, chicken, or fish, prior to grilling, broiling or roasting.
- Store the mixture of herbs in a cool, dark, dry place for up to 6 months. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Just to give you an idea, 1/2 tsp of this mix is 5 calories and 1 gram of carbohydrate.
- Dry mixes will stay even fresher if they are kept in the refrigerator, tightly covered.
- SBcanning thinks this is the way to go with all herb mixes.