SBcanning has created a red lettuce salad with avocado, onions, mandarins oranges and slivered almonds combined with a favorite, Balsamic Dressing. The taste is dreamy, especially with the Avocado taste in it.
Avocado mandararin salad
- 1 Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (see Dressings in Healthy Recipes)
- 2 heads Boston Red Lettuce
- 1 large bunch of green onions
- 2 large avocados cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 small cans of Mandarin Oranges
- 1 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- Wash lettuce with cold water, and pat dry and chill in refrigerator.
- Prepare Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing while red lettuce is chilling.
- Cut two large avocados into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain two small 6 ounce cans Mandarin Oranges
- Place onions, chopped avocados, and Mandarin oranges in bottom of large fancy salad bowl.
- Add enough Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing to coat the avocados.
- Place Boston Red Lettuce on top of avocado mixture.
- Toast almonds for 5 minutes. Cool and place on tossed salad with the remaining Balsamic Dressing.
- Toss all ingredients together lightly just prior to serving.
- This incredible Healthy Recipe of tossed Avocado Mandarin Salad serves 6. Enjoy.
- Healthy Recipe may be served with any choice of meat, poultry, pork, lamb or seafood, as a side dish.