What do you do with the left-over turkey? SBcanning has a great idea! Turkey will make a great stir-fry base, loaded with tryptophan and protein, skinless and all the excess fat removed. Since I have discovered ‘heaven with herbs’ in my cooking, creativity is at its best for me.
Turkey ginger stir-fry
The vegetables in the stir-fry will give us all the vitamins and good taste as well.
- 1 lb turkey pieces (bones and excess fat removed)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Spanish onion chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mushroom sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh red pepper
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I prefer Kikkoman)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat olive oil in skillet(or your wok)at medium-high heat.
- Add all vegetables to the skillet stirring regularly.
- Let vegetables cook with the lid on until they are just cooked (still crackle when bite into them).
- Do not overcook as vegetables lose valuable nutrients and Stir-Fry is not as tasty.
- Mix all liquids together in a small bowl. Add cornstarch stirring until smooth.
- Remove lid from skillet and pour liquid mixture over vegetables.
- Toss like a salad, then let thicken for about one minute.
- Remove from skillet, onto a bed of your favorite rice.
- Voila-we are done!
- SBcanning gives this stir-fry a thumbs up!
- Delightful recipe serves 6.
Leave a Reply